Scottrade is a U.S. based, discount retail brokerage firm. This company is headquartered just outside of St. Louise, Missouri and they have more than physical locations. They offer a complete line of investment products and services as well as well, banking services. One may access their products and services (and or trade), with one of the physical locations, online or mobile.
How To Login
Step 1 – Go to any browser and go to www.scottrade.com
Step 2 – Once you’ve reached the home page look to the top right corner of the page. Above the “open an account” button, you will see the customer login link with the small padlock beside it. Click the link and it will take you to your secure login area.
Step 3 – After you’ve reached this page, you will enter the following:
- Your Account Number
- Your Password
- Next to “Start Page,” there will be a drop down :Home Page” box. Click the arrow and select the page you would like to enter on login
- Next to “Language” Click the drop down arrow to select one of the languages available.
Step 4 – Click “Login”
Forgot Password – If you have forgotten your password you may go to the Scottrade Forgot Password page for online assistance to change your password if needed. When you get to the page you will:
- Enter your account number
- Enter your account email address
- Confirm your account email address
- Click Continue
From there you will be prompted through the remainder of the process and will be able to acquire a new password online.
If you would like to login from your mobile device you will need to go to Scottrade Mobile Login . Once you reach this page you would enter your account number. A unique feature here is you may have their mobile system remember your account number by clicking the box asking the system to remember your account information. Enter your password. Select from the drop down box what account you would like to see at login. Click the login button.
Current apps available for Scottrade mobile are as follows:
After the appropriate app is downloaded, go to Scottrade Mobile Login to login from any of the supported mobile devices
How To Register
Step 2 – Once you’ve reached the online application page and before you begin you will need the following:
- You will require about 10 minutes to open your account
- Social Security Number
- Employer’s name, address and telephone number
- Beneficiary’s Social Security Number
- For IRA’s only, you will need the beneficiary’s address and date of birth
- Once you have collected all of this information go to-
Step 3 – Now you will enter all of this information into the appropriate fields and choose your account type
Enter the following-
- First name
- Middle name or initial
- Last name
- Email address
- Confirm email address
- Home address (No PO Boxes)
- Zip (select from the drop down box)
- Preferred phone number (click the drop down box and select)
Select the type of account you would like to open by reviewing the accounts presented and clicking the bubble to the right. You may view all of the account types by selecting the “View all account types” bubble –
Step 4 – Click the “continue” button and you will then be prompted privately through the remainder of your registration. If you have any issues, there is a live chat box at the top right of the pages. As well you may call the telephone number provided on the web site for assistance if you feel you need in-person guidance. Once completed, you will have opened your account and may begin exploring the site and/or trading.