Bank of America, also known as ‘BofA’, is one of the largest banking institutions in the U.S. BofA does individual, commercial and corporate business through investing, banking, credit provisions on all levels and more, domestic and global. Customers may do their banking online, at an ATM or with a mobile device.
How To Login
Step 1 – Type https://www.bankofamerica.com/ into your web browser. This will bring you to the sign in/homepage.
Step 2 – Enter your online ID. If you wish you may click the box next to “Save this Online ID” to keep your ID in place
Step 3 – Click the “sign in” button to the right. This will take you to the next page where you may enter your password.
Step 4 – Once you reach the “Sign In to Online Banking” page, you will enter your passcode (password) then click “sign in” – This will bring you to your banking page where you will be able to review and/or work with your Bank of America accounts
Forgot Passcode – If you have forgotten your passcode you ca go to This WebPage and enter your card number or account number, social security number (SSN), and the online ID and you will be able to reset it online.
If you would like to use your mobile device to do your banking business you may download a BofA mobile app for your particular device or if you choose, you could use the mobile banking page by logging in at https://www.bankofamerica.com/online-banking/mobile.go – You may click the “sign in” link at the top of the page and use the same ID and password that you would use for the online banking site from your mobile device. All of the same online features will be found on the mobile site.
Currently Bank of America supports the following devices for mobile banking:
After downloading the mobile app to one of the supported devices, enter an email address and passcode, you will be able to login and use your mobile device for online banking
How To Enroll
If you already have a checking, savings or small business account with Bank of America, you may wish to enroll in online banking. This service provides access to all of your banking information in one place 24/7 and makes banking easy.
Step 1 – Gather the following:
- Social Security Number
- Bank of America Account Number(s)
- Sometimes your debit card information is needed as well, so having this available may be useful
Step 2 – Go to the BofA Secure Online Account Management Page at https://www.bankofamerica.com/onlinebanking/online-bank-account.go – Look to the top right side of the page and select the “Enroll in Online Banking” tab.
Step 3 – Once you’ve reached the enrollment page you will be prompted with regard to all of the information and actions needed to complete your online enrollment.
You will be asked to –
- Sign in with your ID and pass code created when you opened your account
- Provide your account and social security number
- Select, from a drop down box, the state in which you started your account
- Create an online ID and pass code
- Currently, you may be asked to create a “site key” which means you would need to select a picture that you will identify each time you are preparing to enter your pass code. BofA has announced that they will no longer use a site key by the end of 2015 but will only have one easy login page with ID and pass code on one page. Do whatever is asked of you for now and the changes will be made automatically when the changes are made and updated. You will be notified.
- You will be asked to select a secret question and answer the secret question to assist in keeping your online banking experience secure – (with all of the changes currently being made with the online banking management site, more or less information may be required to keep your information secure – simply provide what is asked, review and agree to the terms and conditions
Step 4 – Click the “enroll” button and you will have completed your online banking enrollment. You will now have 24 hour a day access to check any of your checking, savings or investment information and take advantage of the many services offered, from the comfort of your home computer or mobile device, by selecting links, tabs or selecting from lists what you may wish to review and/or change.